Saturday, August 21, 2010

Homemade Doggie Treats

So I've been on this binge lately about ways to eat healthier and I didn't stop with just us humans in the family - I included my dog Jack. Honestly if you have a dog or a cat, do your research and you'll discover how disgusting the food is that we buy from the store for our little critters. Not only did I want to change his main diet but wanted to start feeding him healthy treats too!

First I made these Fruity Frozen Yogurt Treats which he LOVES and they're the perfect treat to cool Jack down from the awful summer heat outside.



The other treats I made are these Cheesy Dog Cookies - not only does Jack love these but they smell AMAZING when baking in the oven!



So not only are both of these recipes very healthy for dogs but they're both SUPER cheap! You can't beat that! Enjoy!


Recipe for the Fruity Frozen Yogurt Treats

Ingredients:
  • 2 Small jars of fruit baby food (I used bananas and apples)
  • 8 - 10 ounces of yogurt (I used strawberry)
Directions:
  • Just mix the baby food and yogurt together and freeze in an ice cube tray!
  • I recommend using a knife to pop them out and storing them in a freezer safe container because after a day or two they become a little difficult to take out!
Source: http://www.dogtreatrecipes.org



Recipe for the Cheesy Dog Cookies

Ingredients
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 5 - 6 tablespoons of water
Directions
  • Combine all ingredients except the water
  • Whisk in a food processor until it becomes the consistency of corn meal
  • Add water to mixture until you can form it into balls
  • Roll into 1/2 inch thickness and cut into shapes
  • Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10 minutes in the oven at 400 deg
  • Cool and store in the refrigerator
Source: http://www.thepoop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment